1. Myself and Cynthia submitted comics to NOT YOUR MOTHER'S MEATLOAF: A Sex Education Comic Book. More information can be found at: sexedcomicproject.blogspot.com. It will be debuting this weekend at the Intersextions Conference at the New School: http://intersextionsconference.eventbrite.com
It's just a preliminary version of the comic, but we're stoked -- and we'll be at the conference Saturday morning for the Everyday Sexism and Modes of Resistance panel/discussion. Afterwards we're heading to Purchase for CULTURE SHOCK, so shout yr girls a holler if you'll be at Purchase College.
2. We also submitted to I Stopped Talking an Hour Ago, a zine about women in punk, compiled by our friends Jes and Megan. I will be finishing the cover art for this within the next week or so, and that'll be available over the summer.
3. My first show playing with Carnal Knowledge is May 13, with Tobi Vail's band, The Old Haunts, and Molly Neuman's band, Love or Perish. It's at the Fort.
4. Cheeky news: we're going to be recording for an Art of the Underground single ASAP. Choke 7"s should be coming soon from Freedom School. We also have a bunch of fun shows coming up, and tour June 4-14 with Screaming Females. Other stuff too, but I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch!
5. Cover show Sunday! 4/20 at 6pm
1410 Lincoln Pl. Crown Heights, Brooklyn
DISCOUNT (me, Angie, Cynthia, & Krista!)
SAVES THE DAY
Come early for BBQ, baked goods & outdoor activities! Hope to see you there.
Happy spring, y'all!
[image via the Support New York website]
I will be tabling with Support New York this Saturday, April 12 at the Anarchist Book Fair in NYC. Come hang out with me and some other sweet folks, we have a bunch of great zines!